All 12 art Reviews

North Pole Livin' North Pole Livin'

It's cute, and the house is quirkily shaped and the design is very nice. The colours are great too. One thing I was wondering about is the dark smoke, I'm not too sure if you were going for it but it makes santa's factory look like an oppressive North Pole conglomerate. Totally works if that's what you were going for but the cutesy houses up front contrast with it.
Great job though :)

Cosmic responds:

It's like that on purpose. While the elves are living in a wonderland, the factory is the opposite.

Big Mouth Big Mouth

It's just so garish and ugly in a great way. Would have on my wall.

Shitt Romney Shitt Romney

Laughed super hard at Mitt's pearly whites. That deserves a high score on it's own.
Not sure if it's intentional, but I personally like the cartoon suit clashing with the more careful painting. Definitely looks like him, worth a laugh, and just a great caricature. Not sure why the piece is rated so low, I guess it's like marmite.

Otto responds:

Ah cheers man! I've always done the detailed/notatalldetailed thing, I don't know whether it's laziness or what. I guess he is, except I really like marmite haha.

The Well of Despair The Well of Despair

As said in the thread, love it. Great concept, great style.

mistery train mistery train

Very nicely done. If this is a stranger on the subway, did you show it to him afterward? I'm sure he'd have loved it.

Pegasu responds:

I only sketched it on the subway with crappy pencil, before I did it with 6b pencil it was barely visible.

Happy Eggster Happy Eggster

Probably crossed a line with the joke, but a good drawing. Maybe work on hands a little.

liable-to-explode responds:

I actually love drawing hands, his just aren't showing. Thanks haha, it's meant to be pretty offensive

human champion human champion

Great line work and detail, and the style is weird and wonderful. Even the rug he sits on is interesting.

AndRocker responds:

thanks Rumsworth.

WTD06 Wot The Do WTD06 Wot The Do

Disgustingly hilarious. There was 2 minutes of continuous laughter broken up by asking myself why I'm laughing.

Self Portrait (caricature) Self Portrait (caricature)

Fetching. I like it. Only quarrel would be the fact that the strokes are very obvious, as in I can see what you've done with your brush and where, but that's probably intentional. It reminds me of Simcity 3000 advisor portraits. Good job, friendo.

Mogly responds:

Cheers buddy. Aye it was intentional, I like a messy lazy look in Photoshop painting. Or rather, im a rather messy, lazy person, and that comes out in Photoshop painting. Which ever one is most befitting :)

Masquerade Zombie Soldier Masquerade Zombie Soldier

Have to dig this up from the past, sorry! This is excellent, love the style and respect the art form hugely. I was wondering how ANSI/ASCII art is done and how different it is from something like 8-bit pixel art. Is ANSI art as straight forward as drawing in a program with a limited palette or is there anything more technical involved?

enzob7 responds:

Thanks for the feedback. I've used Pablodraw ansi editor to draw it, where you must draw using the keyboard function keys and a limited color palette, just like oldschool ansi editors.